|
Sunday, June 28, 2009 @ 11:55 PM
Kah Yi's Wedding
Today was my eldest sister's big day. It went smoothly thou there was a slight problem with regards to the seating arrangements for a moment. The day went like this...
Morning... I woke up at about 6am to bath and get prepared, and the rest of my sisters followed next. The makeup artist came at about 7plus and started to do the necessary makeup and hair-do for my sis. It turned out really nice... Anwway, both my cousins were the photographer and video-cam person for the day. Really thank them for the effort and time. After the groom reached, few of us went down to tie the ribbons and bear to the bride's car. Then went up to eat the vegeterian beehoon my parents bought for us for breakfast. It was about 9 then...
...off we went to our maternal grandfather's house. We stayed like less than 15 minutes there. The main purpose was to let my sister and brother-in-law to serve tea to my grandfather as he had difficulties travelling around. Apart from that, they "pai" our late grandmother as well.
We were back home within less than an hour. The buffet arrived shortly after we reached. Then slowly, all my relatives from my mother's side came. The tea ceremony began after a while. Next was my relatives from my father's side after my mother's side's relatives have gone home. It was about 2plus pm when the whole thing ended.
The ROM thingy was held at the hotel at about 5pm. I was there to witness it! And I nearly cried. I don't know why. Maybe because looking back, I see my sis suffering and went through quite alot. Then finally, this day arrived... Its so sudden still. Its complicated. But I'm happy for her.
The guests were supposed to be seated by 7.30pm. But surprisingly, many reached as early as before 7pm to 7plus before 7.30. My sisters and I stationed at the receptionist area and door to let them know of their table number and guide them to the tables.
Soon... The whole dinner started at about 8pm after the bride and groom walked in. Everything went as per normal. And we went up to the stage for the "yum seng" thingy. They shouted seriously loud till I nearly went deaf. Lol. It was my first time going up for it. FYI, most of the stuffs I did today were somehow my first time doing it. Haha.
Because most of the guests were punctual, the dinner ended at about 10plus. Went home after the billing stuffs were done while the bride and groom stayed there for a night.
I think I have missed out some details. But I'm lazy to type the details down. And if I do so, this post might be too long to read. Lol. But these are the main ones.
Anyway, congratulations! Really hope you will stay happy forever. I wanna see a fat and chubby niece in a few months time! Hehe.
From this moment
Let the music be your guide
|