profile









archives

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 @ 9:25 PM
Day 1 @ Bangkok


28.07.11

On this day, I woke up at around 5am, prepared and packed abit of my stuffs that was left unpacked and then my friend's dad sent us to the airport. Flight was at 7.15am with Jetstar.

Honestly, I would consider that as my first time taking a plane. I took plane before, when I was as young as when I had no recollection anymore. I was hoping I could get the window seat but no, I got the middle one.

We reached their airport at 8plus in the morning (Bangkok time). It was a two hours trip from Singapore.


The Airport


Sloped escalator at the Airport

We took the Airport Link from Suvarnabhumi to Ratchaprarop and then walked a distance (I forgot how far because we were finding the hotel) to our hotel, Citin Pratunam. It is located pretty near Baiyoke Sky Hotel and a 10 to 15 minutes walk to Platinum Mall. Along the way in, there are streets stalls selling food and clothes. If you are there, you have to try their streets food!

Train Chip

Us waiting for the train (:

My Polka Dots Luggage :p



Room @ Citin Pratunam

We went to Krung Thlong Plaza, just opposite Platinum Mall, to have our lunch. Apparently, their food courts don't accept cash. and we had to purchase their card. I forgot what is the minimum amount but the cash inside is refundable.

After lunch, someone decided we should have a "class fund" for the trip. So, we would touch the fund whenever all of us have to bring out our wallets, mostly for transportation and meals.

Phad Thai with Omelette @ Krung Thlong Plaza


We crossed the bridge after lunch, not to Platinum Mall but to...actually, I can't remember where exactly we went to after that. But we visited Erawan Shrine, their four-faced Buddha. Apart from shopping, this was one other place I wanted to visit

Erawan Shrine - four-faced Buddha

BTS Train Ticket

And then I can't remember where we took the train to. Just for you know, I don't know how to read maps, not even the Google maps inside the iPhone. During the whole trip, my friends were the ones who looked at the maps, and decide on how to go there. I just followed. I felt so useless that I couldn't help much, but I guess I really need to learn how to read them for another trip in September.

We went in to MBK too. As expected, there wasn't much things inside MBK. But I helped my friend to get a polka dots iPhone's casing for her friend, and got myself one too. We walked at Siam Square area too.

We trained to Phrom Phong station to get to a two-storeys Naraya outlet at Sukhumvit Soi 24. I heard that is the biggest outlet so no matter what I just had to go there. And then we shopped our hearts out there before heading for our dinner at Cabbages and Condoms. I took some photos of the outlets and then realised photography is actually not allowed.

Naraya @ Sukhumvit Soi 24


A friend who just came back from there recommended Cabbages and Condoms, at Sukhumvit Soi 12. I think we walked for about half an hour from Naraya's before reaching the restuarant. Their food was not bad thou it's abit costly over there. The place was practically filled up by the ang mohs, so I guess that explains why the food is costly.













Apparently, they gave us each a condom after our meal. Lol.




The statues above are all made from condoms.

After our meal, we cabbed back to our hotel. We separated from the guys and walked the streets near our hotel for a while. Got my niece a jumper and got myself some undergarments because I didn't brought enough over and it's very very cheap over there. Just 50baht (about S$2) per piece.

The weather over at Thailand is alot hotter than Singapore's. I could actually feel the heat on my skin and everyday I was perspiring. Mad hot can. Seriously, don't forget your shades and cap when you go to Thailand. And umbrella, in case it rains.

My buying for that day. (Some of which are for my sisters and friends)

We went back to hotel at about 11plus, bathed and slept after discussing on what time to leave the hotel the next day. We were all mad tired because we woke up early for the flight. I only had 3 hours of sleep the night before.

And that marked the end of our first day at BKK. Will be posting about the second day soon..as soon as I have time.

Places covered:
Krung Thlong Plaza
Erawan Shrine
Siam Square
MBK
Naraya @ Sukhumvit Soi 24
Cabbages and Condoms Restaurant

Let the music be your guide