profile









archives

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 @ 11:35 PM
Day 2 @ Bangkok


29.07.11

Started the second day with shopping at the Pratunam Market in the early morning. Actually, I'm not quite sure if it was called the Pratunam Market but it's very near our hotel! I can't remember why we did shopping so early but I reckon it was because the guys couldn't wake up! They are even more pig than me, because I always can't hear my alarm ringing. Lol.

Actually the items there are very cheap! I got 2 tees for 80baht each. Only less than S$4 and they are very comfy. After that day, I went back to get one for my sister and one more for myself, and regretted not getting more for my mum and two other sisters when I came back to Singapore. Another good buy was 2 pants for 80baht each as well!

Anyway, shan't go into details to the results of my shopping. We went back to put our stuffs at the hotel and met up with the guys to go to the Snake Farm. Before that, we had our brunch at the food court inside City Complex.

We sat on the Tuk-Tuk for like less than 5 minutes? Apparently the drivers tried to cheat us into bringing us to somewhere else and so we alighted.

Friends on another Tuk-Tuk. (:

Then we cabbed to the Snake Farm. Their cabs are of very bright colors! Especially pink (as the above). If I didn't remember wrongly, I think there are purple ones as well. And have I mentioned..that their roads are seriously no government one. You will understand if you have been there or if you'll be going there. Oh and the air there isn't clean at all. I nearly couldn't wear my lens out because it hurts my eyes whenever I wore it. Fortunately after a few times of washing the lens, I could wear them again.

Below will be a few pictures of some snakes I found their skin color cool. The rest have already been uploaded onto my Facebook. There are also the skins of the snakes, and I mean really skins, just the skins. Eeew. Won't be posting them up here because I can't even give a second look to it. Those were all taken by my friend. Too disgusting! FYI and as you have read, I'm not a fan of snakes.







A snake just had it's skin shed. Eee.

Poor thingys. I think they ended up being in the snake's stomach

Disgusting ttm!



After viewing the snakes and all, we watched a snake show. We missed one in the morning, I think it's the venom extract or something. And we took photos with a snake; a snake on our shoulders. The snake felt freaking heavy and slimy. I wouldn't have taken the photo if my friend hadn't agree to take it with me.

We headed to Platinum Mall after our afternoon with the snakes. Had a meal at their food court and then we went separate ways (guys and girls) and shop. My friend wanted to see the mall, Krung Thlong Plaza, opposite Platinum Mall first. But there wasn't much stuffs there and so after half an hour, we crossed back to Platinum. I supposed I was already mad tired and didn't had the mood the shop that I thought the famous and popular mall wasn't to my liking. Apparently I was wrong after that day...

We ran into one another at the mall and walked back to the hotel together while the shops started closing. Apparently they are very unlike Singapore's which closes at around 9plus, they started closing at 6plus.

We packed some food along the streets from outside our hotel and had a small feast in the guy's room. Even thou streets food may seem unhygienic to many, but the food there tasted superb! And we didn't had any problem with the stomach after that. (:

The yummy food from the streets (:
(I don't know why the photo just can't turn)

My buying for that day. (All mine!; didn't include my sis's ones in.)

After much discussion on the next day's itinerary, we went to bed at... I forgot what time. Haha. Anyway, day three at Bangkok will be up...soon. (:

Places covered:
Snake Farm
Pratunam Market
Krung Thlong Plaza
Platinum Mall

Let the music be your guide