30.07.11
Our third day at Bangkok started off with having our breakfast at some street stall near our hotel. I didn't had any thou because it was early and I don't really have a habit of a filling breakfast. Instead, I bought some small hotdogs bun from 7-Eleven. Ate them while on the way to Taling Chan Floating Market.

Their chickens looked too perfect that it seemed fake to me. Lol.

Bus tickets

We took their public bus to the floating market. Apparently, they still have a bus conductor on every bus and they collect the bus fares manually from the passengers.
We then cabbed down to Chatuchak. If you haven't already know, Chatuchak is a weekend market. It opens only on Saturday and Sunday till evening. It's like our Bugis Street in Singapore, just about 10 times bigger, and also 10 times more confusing.
I always see and hear people saying that Chatuchak is a must to go. If anyone goes to BKK, they have to hit a weekend. But Chatuchak turned out really disappointing to me. Perhaps the weather was freaking hot, or I was already very tired, but I felt Chatuchak has got nothing much. We ended up spending only about 3 hours there and then decided not to go back the next day. Apparently, we had wanted to cover Chatuchak on Sunday as well because I have heard that that place requires both weekends.
The lanes are really very confusing. We first entered into some pets area and took some time to get out of it to the "correct" lanes. Then inside each lanes, there are split lanes whereby you have to choose to walk left, right, or straight. Then after you chose the one path, chances of you missing the other lanes are very high. Unless you walk back and down again. I also don't really know how it works..
And having said much, I'll go Chatuchak again if I ever go back to BKK again. I still don't quite believe I don't like it there when that's one of the popular shopping areas.
We left at about 6plus, I can't remember. Tried to catch a cab back to our hotel but almost, no, it's ALL the cabs won't take anyone without a flat rate. They just won't on their meter. And even with the help of a traffic police, we gave up waiting after half an hour and decided to train back instead. But we ended up cabbing back before we need to change to a different train. Don't ask me what lines or stations were those because I don't know; because I'm a "lu chi" and I followed them everywhere like what I mentioned on the post on day 1. All I know is, don't try to catch a cab back from Chatuchak when you're there. Just take the train in which the station is located just there. After I came back from BKK, I then saw other review on this issue as well.
We washed up ourselves and then it was time for our dinner. We seek recommendation from the hotel staff and they recommended "Once Upon A Time" restaurant near our hotel. It wasn't very fantastic thou..
Places Covered:
Taling Chan Floating Market
Chatuchak
Once Upon A Time