31.07.11
That morning, while the guys were still in bed, we went to shop! We walked at the Pratunam Market and then Platinum Mall. This time, I really love Platinum Mall. It was so unlike the second day. I saw many Bugis street's like clothings. One of which I saw in Singapore was selling at >$30, but only about $10 there! And it was the exact same apparel.
Platinum mall is a MUST go mall situated at Pratunam area. So it's good to have your hotel at Pratunam. Like Pratunam Market, Platinum mall sells in a wholesale price. Meaning they will charge 1 piece at retail price, and charge at a lower price if you buy 3 and above, sometimes 2. And you have to bargain. Initially when I just started walking around on the first day, I didn't dare and didn't know how to bargain. As I see, I learnt, and I bargained!
Platinum mall has TWO buildings, 3 zones. Many might missed out the second building, zone 3. It's much smaller than the first building which consists of zone 1 and 2. The second building is just right next to the first one, just that there is no link like how zone 1 and 2 are linked together in the same building. The two buildings are separated by a smaller path of road. Don't miss zone 3 because their bags and footwear are all in that building. Only the first or first two levels have apparels, the rest of the floors are all bags and footwear.
Anyway, we bought quite a bit that morning and had great difficulties bringing them back to the hotel. We even put them into bigger plastic bags and dragged them around the mall. I thought it was really awkward dragging them around, but it was really very heavy. And then I understood why I had seen people dragging them around the mall too that second day. Ha. Anyway, such a sight will only be seen there I guess. And it was a fortunate our hotel was minutes of walking distance away and not more than that if not my arms would have been broken.
After the shopping, we met up with the guys to go to the theme park as planned. Apparently, we had some difficulties trying to get a cab to bring us there. And when we reached there, I then realised it was an hour trip. Probably that explains why.
The driver dropped us at the Fashion Island (somewhat like our Tampines Mall) and we had to walk a distance there. While walking there, we saw that the ferris wheels wasn't moving and thought the park was closed. And to our amaze, when we reached there, we realised it was opened but there was not a single one playing the rides. In fact, apart from the staffs there, we were the only souls there. We sat the ferris wheels so as not to waste our trip down. Lol. That park was literally deserted. Don't bother to go there if you are planning to go to a theme park.
It was a disappointment especially to the guys. Anyway, we heard car racing sounds from opposite the theme park and decided to go over and take a look. We ended up staying there for about an hour and watched them race.

We then crossed back and went to have our dinner at Fashion Island. I always think that Thai's steamboat is very unique because their soup is at the sides instead of the middle.

Thai's steamboat.

Taken @ Fashion Island

Not taken by me!

We then cabbed to some station because no cabby is willing to drive us back to our hotel area. Too far!
Went for massage at a parlor near our hotel after that! Like finally we had time to go for one. While on the way there, one sales guy along the streets actually randomly asked if I was from Singapore. I looked at him stunned, and then walked away. Lol. I didn't know I have the Singaporean look. We also heard and saw some Singaporeans at the massage parlor. Oh, did I mentioned, at Platinum Mall, you'll also hear and see many Singaporeans. Somehow, I always turn and look at them, and sometimes even telling my friend they are Singaporeans. I'm sure all of them do the same as well. Ha.
Anyway, we did foot and body massage. It was good. Better than the one I did at Batam. I totally felt no pain at Batam. I think it was because the person haven't eaten any rice that day! But at Thailand, I could feel the pain and hear the cracks. Lol.
Finished at about 1am, went back to our hotel, and I headed to bed almost immediately after washing up. I was seriously mad tired. And then my friend left me alone sleeping while she went down to the lobby to do some research on the next day's itinenary. FYI, for some reason, I don't dare to be alone inside the hotel room. But that night, I had no choice. Luckily I was already dead tired.
Apparently, one of the guys were down using the computer as well and the other already asleep. I don't know what exactly happened with their discussions but the next day's itinerary didn't went as planned...
Places Covered:
Pratunam Market
Platinum Mall
Wonder World Fun Park
Car Racing @ Opposite Theme Park
Dinner @ Fashion Island
Massage Parlor @ Opposite Indra Square