01.08.11
I set my alarm at 5am (BKK time; Thailand is an hour behind Singapore), thinking that we are still going to a place called Kanchanaburi. Apparently not. Till now, I don't know what happened with their discussions and we ended up having our group split. One of the guys just went ahead by himself..
As for the rest of the three of us, we stayed at BKK.
Kanchanaburi is about two to three hours away from BKK. At first, I was really reluctant to go because it's very far. But upon hearing more about it along the trip, I was excited to go and take a look despite the distance.
Anyway, my friend decided she wants to go Jim Thompson House and Underwater World, Siam Ocean World that day. So, we tagged along. There is nothing I could do alone apart from shopping anyway. And I'm not that daring to be by myself at BKK.
There is something special about the house but I don't exactly know what and I'm abit lazy to find out further too. Haha. Anyway the guy, Jim Thompson, went missing while he was at Cameron Highland in Malaysia and was never found.
After a quick visit at Jim Thompson, we walked to Naraya at MBK. Had a quick look there and helped my friend to buy her bag which was out of stock at Sukhumvit. Then, we walked to Siam Ocean World at Siam Paragon.
I don't know if it's really not interesting there or that I'm not a fan of fish but I found the place average only. Not going to upload the fishes; all were already uploaded on Facebook. (:
And we had a 10minutes fish spa which came in a package with our entrance fee.
Later, we went Platinum Mall and shopped for a while before going back to our hotel. Left our stuffs in our room and went for another massage. This time at M@B. I don't know where the exact location is but is a walk-able distance from our hotel. I came across M@B from a blogger, Zoe Raymond.
I had foot massage and it's way better and of course, more pain, than the one I had the previous day. And it's only 169 baht (about S$7) for one hour.
Back to hotel after that and bought our late dinner along the street.
That night, we wanted to buy some alcohol back to our hotel. Apparently, we had no idea Thailand forbids selling/buying of alcohol after 12am.
Places Covered:Jim Thompson House
Siam Ocean World
Platinum Mall
M@B Massage Parlor