02.08.11
We checked out in the morning, headed for breakfast before cabbing down to The Grand Palace. It's a temple, a very big one. I think it's worth the time there and I like it there except for the freaking mad weather. It was super hot when we went. What was worse was there requires proper dress code. Meaning, no shorts and sleeveless tops. Even tights! I was fully prepared with my dressing and never thought that leggings wasn't allowed. And so I had to rent their sarong for 200baht (refundable upon return) and wear it throughout the time there.
So.. If ever anyone is going there, just put on a jeans, a tee, and covered footwear. Don't forget your shades and cap. And umbrella if you want. (All other photos already up on Facebook)
We had a difficult time finding a cab back to Platinum Mall and ended up taking their public bus back. I don't know why but we took it for free because nobody came up to collect bus fares from us and from everyone else. Ironic thing was, the trip back was way faster than when we cabbed there.
Anyway, we had a meal at the food court before going on separate ways. One of the guys wanted to do a last minute shopping as well, so we shopped on our own for an hour before meeting at the entrance to walk back to the hotel together, while the other two went for massage.
Met up with them at the lobby at about 7pm and it was time for us to say goodbye to BKK. We walked to the train station, carrying everything shown below.
Fortunately for me, one of the guys helped me with the big bag of 13kg. If not I don't ever think I could made it alive carrying it all the way to the airport. :x
Our BKK trip ended here.
Just when I got familiarized with the paths we walked everyday, I had to say goodbye.. ):
I want to go back there again! :D Like at least once every year to fill up my wardrobe! :p Their things there are really dirt cheap and their quality is not bad too. And at this very moment, I'm still missing BKK.
Places Covered:
Erawan Shrine
The Grand Palace
Platinum Mall